Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 11:58:42 PDT 2017

On 21 Jun 2017 8:42 p.m., "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 08:33:39PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > Here we go: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-
> > mobile-4.6.4.232-arm.apk
> >
> > Based on Davide's colors, fixing (I hope) the key concerns raised so
far.

> Nice clear discrepancies of  which dives are part of a trip even if the

You mean "distinction" ?

Auto-correct might have been involved there...

> previous dive is not part of a trip.
> The only thing that sticks out is the sharpness of the blue in the top bar
> compared to opaque color palette of the dive list and the blue of the
logo.

I tried to use exactly the colors that Davide suggested. I may have gotten
something wrong, though, as the selected dive on my phone doesn't seem to
match the color. I have an idea what might be the reason and will play
with it.

Might start with the logo blue on the top and natch the rest. As it is the
top bar seems out of place.