Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jun 21 12:23:27 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> I now find myself really wanting a "hot pink" theme.
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.235-arm.apk
>
>> PS. And just reminding you that you said that pinning the dive trip to
>> the top should be trivial for long trips where the trip entry can
>> scroll off the screen.
>
> Right. That's also implemented in the APK above.

Oohh, aahh..

I actually really like it. The translucency of the dive trip header as
it attaches to the top is actually really nice, and the hot pink
really does it for me.

I do think we'll need a checkbox setting for "I am boring" for people
who don't like hot pink, but that color really does stand out.

And regardless of color that dive trip pinning is really good.

                Linus