Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

James Cialdea j at jimbodude.net
Wed Jun 21 12:46:49 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygdell at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the blue I like the slightly toned down we have in the logo, but that is my personal preference. To be precise it is the big difference in sharpness between the top bar and everything else that bugs me, as seen in the screenshots in my previous mail.
>
> Or we go with the pink.. that was awsome.

The pink is surprisingly pleasant...  I tend to agree that there is
something off about the blue scheme - maybe it isn't saturated enough.

The recent improvements are totally great.  The floating trip name is
perfect.  2 things I might suggest:
- In the trip header we see (# dive(s)).  For some reason, that nested
paren really gets me, for some silly reason.  Maybe just go with the
plural always to make localization easy, or pluralize correctly based
on the number?
- Since I haven't been specific about naming dive sites, most of my
dive sites have the same name as the trip.  That makes the world map
work fairly well, but it makes the dive list look very repetitive.
Maybe the dive row shouldn't specify the site if the site name is the
same as the trip name?

I noted some discussion in the past (I think it was on this thread)
about adding in the "dive type" (OC, CCR, FREE) to the dive list.  I
think that could be valuable, especially for those preparing for
certifications on different equipment.  Perhaps that could fit between
the dive time and the dive number?  Perhaps there could be a setting
to display it or not?