Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:01:58 PDT 2017

On Jun 21, 2017 21:39, "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

On 21 June 2017 at 21:59, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> I have to admit, as usual, Linus is correct. This is beyond awesome.

i was once commissioned to do an Android app for monitoring the female
menstrual cycle (don't ask).
the color scheme of the app was similar...

:)

Jockes apart the pink palette stands out.
I really liked both.
Santi diving has even a tagline for women gear line: Women first!
Everything of proper pink color of course!
Should we differentiate download by sex?

While the pink subsurface was cooking I recorded a video. Watch it in 720p.

https://youtu.be/TW4Sg5RdhxU

I noticed that tapping a dive, for a moment it's selected in the same color
as the trip bar. Once I came back to the dive list the color is different.
Moreover with that dark selection background color I think white text is
more appropriate.
How I deselect a dive?

Last thing: look at the screenshot attached. My dive #151is a lonely dive
between two trips. Even with the closing line it's not very clear its2 not
part of the trip above.
What do you think?