Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:24:28 PDT 2017

Ouch guys the whole pink/woman related was a joke. Sorry I could not
communicate my sense of humor.

BTW on several material ui design sites is plenty of pink palette examples.

Dirk I'm only on the phone now and I cannot play with hex numbers.

davide at mobile

On Jun 21, 2017 22:13, "Linus Torvalds" <torvalds at linux-foundation.org>
wrote:

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> Should we differentiate download by sex?

No, I think the whole "pink for women" is actually pretty stupid.

I like the pink theme, and like the ability to theme a bit in general,
but I don't think we should see it as a "appealing to women" thing. In
fact, if we do only blue vs pink, I think we should default to pink
exactly to *not* make it appear to be some kind of special option for
women.

The pink is a bit odd, but I find that I might actually use it myself.
It's a fun and unexpected color.

Although I do think that we need a boring color too. Not everybody
will like pink (regardless of gender).

                   Linus