Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:11:41 PDT 2017

The latest version is up now: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/
Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.236-arm.apk

This has a very simplistic color theme switcher (under the Developer menu
item)

/D

Very good improvements.
Thanks for your hard work.

Three things:

#1 I found a bug probably not related to these changes.
Based on Thomas hints I discovered that I can swipe to the right the main
action button (+). I don't understand what I get (it seems to edit a dive)
but coming back at the list I miss some dives. Each time I swipe, I move
the form and I come back I miss more dives. Fortunately if I restart
subsurface everything is ok.

#2 At this point we have a clearly identified selected dive. Another small
improvement on our beloved title bar. We still have "dive list > dive name".
Now it seems to me an obvious repetition of what we already see on the main
area. When you go on the dive detail it's even more evident. We have the
dive name two times.
Moreover I see that dive name font color changes from dive list to dive
details becoming so thin that is nearly unreadable.
Could we have just "dive list" aka the app function where we are?
Dive list
Dive detail
Settings

#3 am I the only one getting that "unfortunately Subsurface has stopped"
dialog on exit?