Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 22 03:51:03 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:11:01PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> On 22 June 2017 at 11:37, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Let's ask some simple questions about what's different with the LG:
> > a) which Android versions are the three devices running?
> > b) how much RAM do they have?
>
> All phones have 2GB of RAM
> LG and Huawei have Android 6.01 while Nexus 5x Android 7

Darn.

> >> I installed ADB and I was able to grab some log while running
> >> Subsurface. I'm new to this so I was able to filter only for Error
> >> category.
> >>
> >> adb logcat *:E
> >
> > I usually pull the whole logcat (unfiltered) into a file, then search
> > for the crash (SIGSEGV in your case) and then look at all the
> > messages in the few moments before.
> >

> > That last one "lowmemorykiller" makes me wonder about question b) above
>
> In the errorlog.zip you have the full trace "adb logcat *"

So almost all the crashes are in
QQuickWindow::mouseGrabberItem() const
and one I see is in
QQuickWindowPrivate::removeGrabber(QQuickItem*, bool, bool)

I see one bug report for an iOS crash in mouseGrabberItem when called from
QQmlAppricationEngine's destructor:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61434

So maybe we aren't alone in this?