Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 23 22:38:53 PDT 2017

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 10:20 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dirk,
>
> Did you read my comments on the palette and font?

Yes, sorry. The names are logical to me in context, but confusing to you.

We have PrimaryColor, DarkerPrimaryColor, and LightPrimaryColor.
And for each of the three we have a matching TextColor.
So yes, the LightPrimaryTextColor is a dark color (in order to have contrast
when rendered on the LightPrimaryColor). And therefore darker than the
DarkerPrimaryTextColor (which obviously has to be light in order to have
contrast when rendered on the DarkerPrimaryColor).

I'm not proud of this. It's how my brain works. To me this makes perfect
sense. Or at least it until I tried to combine the names with Blue, Pink, and
Dark for the three themes. Because darkLightPrimary color is pretty dumb.