QtWebEngine and Mingw

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Jun 24 09:00:25 PDT 2017

On sábado, 24 de junho de 2017 08:40:49 PDT Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> to summarize:
> this leaves in a bit of a stalemate and unless Thiago has some sort of
> an idea,

Sorry, I don't have an idea.

> we should just stick with WebKit for as long as possible, or
> until:
> 1) clang WebEngine binaries can be used from mingw binaries

I don't think they can. The one being discussed here is the target "x86_64-
windows" which is compatible with MSVC (a.k.a clang-cl), not "x86_64-mingw"
which is compatible with MinGW.

> 2) if we can build the whole Subsurface project using clang for
> Windows and WebEngine is also built using clang

Which is the same as switching to MSVC and build on Windows. My experience
with clang-cl isn't very good, but at least you an mix it with MSVC and use
2015 or 2017 where Clang-cl is still lacking.