Android / adb

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 24 15:26:33 PDT 2017

On the off chance that someone here happens to know an answer...

I used to have problems on and off with my Pixel XL connecting to my
Linux VM in debug mode - but usually disconnecting and reconnecting
did the trip. Worst case I had to reboot one or the other. But today
nothing seems to help. I rebooted both, I turn USB debugging on the
phone off and on again. I cleared the authorized hosts. I switched
cables. Nothing works.

Linux sees the phone. But I don't get the request on the phone to
approve the host for debugging. And "adb devices" doesn't see the
phone, either.

Any suggestions?