[Mobile UI] Blue palette

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:14:00 PDT 2017

>From what I read those weird definitions are just an invention of that
palette generator. We have only a primary and an optional secondary color
and their light and dark variations.

I found this reply very informative:

https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/89815/choosing-
colors-in-material-design

Basically text is always black #000000 and you define opacity based on
background. There are fixed values for that.
Here Google explains the trick on text

https://material.io/guidelines/style/color.html#color-usability
Dark text on light backgrounds

The level of opacity used for text depends on whether your background is
dark or light. For dark text on light backgrounds, apply the following
opacity levels:

   - The most important text has an opacity of 87%.
   - Secondary text, which is lower in the visual hierarchy, has an opacity
   of 54%.
   - Text hints (such as text fields and labels) and disabled text have
   even lower visual prominence with an opacity of 38%.

Now, on our UI I see we no longer have distinction with the phone status
bar as before. Everything is of primary color while before we correctly
have it dark primary color.

I didn't noticed you changed also format of the dive name into the detail
page. Amazing. It has a small button [map it] too.

Is there any way to take advantage of the full screen width during the dive
edit?

PS
If it could be useful, next week I will play a bit with sidebar
organization and settings adding other idea on github.