BLE download from EON Steel on Android

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 25 02:59:21 PDT 2017

On 25-06-17 08:02, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Linus,
>
> I pushed out your changes to master.
> With the latest Subsurface master and libdc Subsurface-branch I was able
> to download dives from my EON Steel via BLE on Android.
>
> Well, I was able to do it exactly once. I used the Nordic app to bond the
> dive computer, then started the download from Subsurface. It worked
> perfectly.
>
> Since then I haven't been able to get the EON Steel to connect to my
> phone... there's clearly some magic order of things that I happened to get
> right that one time but don't quite know how to reproduce. But that said,
> I had one successful attempt. And yes, you are right. This is SLOW.
>
> Anyway, if others want to try, the APK with which this worked for me is
> up:
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.283-arm.apk
>
> Testing, success and failure stories, and of course patches are welcome
> :-)
>
> /D

Nice progress :-)

Obviously, I still can download from my OSTC3 (self build 283). But,
checking the log, over BT and not BLE. I was unsure if the OSTC3 is BLE
as well, so I checked with the Nordic Semiconductor tools . Yes, my
OSTC3 is BLE and BT. So now the big question (did not check the code
yet): how do I force/select BLE over BT? Just to test things :-)

--jan