BLE download from EON Steel on Android

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 07:06:43 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 1:02 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> I pushed out your changes to master.
> With the latest Subsurface master and libdc Subsurface-branch I was able
> to download dives from my EON Steel via BLE on Android.
>

> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-
> mobile-4.6.4.283-arm.apk
>
> Testing, success and failure stories, and of course patches are welcome
> :-)

I played with this a bit after gathering some test data yesterday.  I
really like the new dive list!  Very polished looking!

I have an Aqualung i750tc so I didn't expect it to work but I wanted to see
how far it would get.  Since the manufacturer wasn't in the list I chose
"Paired Bluetooth Devices" and discovered that I had forgotten to turn on
bluetooth on the dive computer so it wasn't in the list of devices (but
many other non-dive computer things were).

I activated the dc and paired it with the phone.  When I went back to ssrf,
the paired devices list was blank.  None of the following has brought back
the list:
1. restart subsurface
2. deactivate bluetooth on the dive computer
3. removed the dive computer from the paired devices at the Android level

The only thing that has brought back the list is rebooting the phone.

It's a OnePlus 3T running 7.1.1/ OxygenOS 4.1.6.

I don't expect the download to work (yet ;) ), just found it odd that the
list would not populate.

Great progress!

-Matt