Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jun 28 14:25:20 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> So, there is some communication, and with my very very limited knowledge on
> BLE, it seems that the correct service is detected (Found service
> "{53544d54-4552-494f-5345-525631303030}" and things finally seem to fail
> with something encryption related? If needed, i can produce screendumps from
> Nordic to see what BLE things are visible on the OSTC3, but I suspect that
> most of the required data is in the log above.

Yeah, most of it is there, but it would be good to see what the Nordic
RF app says about those value handles that are inside the vendor
service.

I suspect the thing may separate interfaces for things like firmware
updates. Or something. So I'm not surprised it fails, that doesn't
look like a simple single cmd/reply characteristic.

So I do think that I'd want to see that full descriptor layout that
the Nordic app is so nice about (make sure it's fully expanded), and
if possible a bluetooth packet dump of a download if there is some
dive log software available that uses BLE.

This being an ostc, maybe the BLE details are even documented
somewhere, I just wouldn't know where.

              Linus