Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 29 07:39:25 PDT 2017

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 12:25 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 28 June 2017 at 17:19, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
> In the meantime, I'd love to hear success stories of people able to
> download from the dive computers on their phone or tablet.
> I just tested the 300 binary.  I downloaded dives successfully from my Petrel 2 to my Galaxy S7.  I like how the dive computer can be selected by manufacturer and model, or by "paired device".  Both ways worked.  This appears to be using regular BT.
>
> Next I built the desktop version with build.sh, which pulled the latest libdivecomputer (Subsurface branch) and built correctly.  I was hoping to test download with BLE, but I wasn't able to download dives at all, either with or without the LE: prefix.

Did you remember that you need a hacked Qt version for that? Linus posted about this a while ago.
Qt 5.9 (and even 5.9.1) don't do the right thing here with BLE. So BT works, but BLE doesn't.
Qt doesn't have that same problem with Android, which is why the Android binaries work. But we don't have that simple "override" of the Address on Android. I'll try to add something for Android today.