Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jun 29 08:23:24 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Did you remember that you need a hacked Qt version for that? Linus posted
> about this a while ago.
> Qt 5.9 (and even 5.9.1) don't do the right thing here with BLE. So BT works,
> but BLE doesn't.

Actually, 5.9.x should work with most BLE devices. It's just that the
Suunto EON Steel in particular wants to see the server side GATT
attributes too, and is surprised and refuses to speak to you when it
doesn't.

I don't think the Petrel 2 should have that problem - but I do suspect
you need to have at _least_ Qt-5.8.

And 5.9.1 is preferable, since that does fix a few other annoyances already.

                Linus