Perdix on Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 29 10:06:42 PDT 2017

Linus,

I finally had a chance to try the latest Android APK to download from my
Perdix AI.

I bonded with it from the Nordic app. Looking at the AppLog in
Subsurface-mobile, I see that it is 'paired' (shows up as Perdix).

connecting to Uuid "{00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"

but then... connecting via insecure rfcomm - so that's not LE

So what am I missing to make sure this is using BLE instead of BT?
Do I need to recognize this as BLE only dive computer during scanning?
Since it calls itself Perdix (and there is an older BT only Perdix), I
wonder what the right way would be to do this?