Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 29 10:44:55 PDT 2017

On 29-06-17 17:59, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>> In order to check my hypothesis, I hacked around in qt-ble.cpp. And yes, I'm
>> basically sure that the service 0000fefb... is the right one. In the code in
>> master this one is discarded as standard, but by using this anyway I am able
>> to get the OSTC3 in download mode. I did not succeed up to now to receive
>> data from the OSTC3, so obviously, the parsing fails right at the start.
> You could probably  just verify my "enable notification from the
> second characteristic" by extending on your hack with the attached
> patch. Does that make it work for you?

I verified your patch to select the proper notify characteristic, and
that works correctly. I suppose that this patch does not break other
already working BLE devices, so this one should go in master I think.

> Note that you'll still need your code to pick the right characteristic
> - this is just the "enable notifications right" side.
Yes, did that, and then the receiving/reading of data is still no yet
working (not surprising as I had the correct notify characteristic hard
coded selected). I found out that BLEObject::characteristcStateChanged()
is never called in my situation, so no incoming packets are seen. Not
sure why (yet).

--jan