Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 29 13:57:04 PDT 2017

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 1:53 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 29, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de <mailto:helling at atdotde.de>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dirk,
>>
>>> On 29. Jun 2017, at 17:57, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> And then, of course, I need to look into the Mac. I had hoped that someone
>>> else would get annoyed with neither you nor me caring about Mac, but that
>>> didn't happen :-/
>>
>> I guess you are looking at me. Sorry I have currently very little available time. But I just build current master (including current libdivecomputer). Is there anything that I could test with the OSTC Sport? I did not follow all the discussion in detail. Where am I supposed to add the LE: prefix?
>
> The Sport is BT only. But let's start with something simple - does it work at all right now? Did we break anything?

BTW: the reason I'm asking this - as I have mentioned before, for me BT doesn't seem to work at all on Mac. I just tried with current master and I see BT address of 00:00:00:00:00 for all devices that it scans. Not helpful.

I remember some chatter about addresses not working correctly on Mac, but I'm trying to figure out "what works right now for others?" so I can figure out what I should expect to see.

> When you run it, does it detect any BLE devices (we log what it detects, IIRC).

Hmm, need to check that code - when I just ran this we didn't log anything at all. So something is turned off by default on the Mac I think.