Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jun 29 14:08:42 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> BTW: the reason I'm asking this - as I have mentioned before, for me BT
> doesn't seem to work at all on Mac. I just tried with current master and I
> see BT address of 00:00:00:00:00 for all devices that it scans. Not helpful.

The device.address() thing doesn't work at all on Macs, iirc.

> I remember some chatter about addresses not working correctly on Mac, but
> I'm trying to figure out "what works right now for others?" so I can figure
> out what I should expect to see.

On macs, you apparently have to use "device.deviceUuid()" instead.

In most cases we just pass around the resulting string anyway, so
neither subsurface nor libdivecomputer should care.

The only exception is the pairing code. Which seems to take a
bluetooth address, not the uuid. So I don't know how that is supposed
to work on MacOS/iOS.

               Linus