Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 29 14:17:16 PDT 2017

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 2:15 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 29. Jun 2017, at 22:53, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>
>> The Sport is BT only. But let's start with something simple - does it work at all right now? Did we break anything?
>> When you run it, does it detect any BLE devices (we log what it detects, IIRC).
>>

> as I said, I have current master running. I can confirm that the classic Bluetooth connection works (at least as before): Downloading dives, changing settings(*) and even a firmware update went without flaws. The (*) still refers to the fact that I paired the computer thru the OS and not via Qt for the settings update (dive download and firmware update went fine with Qt).

Ah, interesting.
So I just paired my Petrel 2 via MacOS.
Now when I start Subsurface it's found with the correct address.
When I try to download from it, the "Device or mount point" box just shows "Petrel" (and not a BT address). And the download times out and I get the useless "insufficient privileges" error.

So no, this doesn't work for me.