Subsurface-mobile with BT and BLE support [was Re: updates to libdc with ABI change]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 30 13:07:54 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:58:13AM +0200, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 30-06-17 10:46, Jan Mulder wrote:
> > On 30-06-17 00:31, Anton Lundin wrote:
> >
> > > I tested this to, against a OSTC4, and I actually got some data back.
> > > It looks scrambled, and haven't had the time to decipher what might
> > > be wrong.
> > >
> > Checked your btle_ostc4.txt and see that you are connecting to the wrong
> > service. You need to connect to
> > the service starting with 0000fefb (which is the Stollmann Terminal IO
> > thingy). And yes, the
> > current master selects the wrong service, so you have to adapt the code
> > for that. In addition, you need
> > to select the proper characteristic to receive notifications. I have
> > added a patch from Linus (from yesterday)
> > the takes care of selecting the proper characteristic, and one of mine
> > to select the proper service (and
> > mine contains also a lot of debug crap, so be careful if you want to
> > apply this).
> >
> > And the bad news is .... with all this I still cannot get downloaded
> > data from my OSTC3 (but it
> > selects download mode correctly).
> >

> Ok, reading the Stollmann TIO doc carefully, it is clear that we do not
> correctly follow the mandatory initialization
> of the connection to the Terminal IO. So my guess at this point is, that
> that is the main reason things do not work. I am
> working on an improved implementation of the TIO handling, and taking care
> not to break other BLE stuff. Hopefully
> later today an update on this.

That sounds awesome. Are you testing this on Android or on Linux/desktop?
I.e., Subsurface-mobile or Subsurface?

I have now concluded that something on my Pixel XL is hosed - I cannot get
it to generate an HCI snoop log which is preventing me from figuring out
why the Perdix AI isn't talking to it. I did the rational thing and got a
new Android phone, I just finished setting that up and will try again.