Pressure transducers

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:00:23 PST 2017

Dear Willem,

as far as the subsurface and smtk2ssrf development is concerned I have sent
a message to Salva and to the mailing list on February 28. The program for
importing the SmartTrak dive log works very well, all my comments having
been reported in the cited message.

The only detail I failed to mention is that the gas switch (or tank switch)
events are flawlessly imported by smtk2ssrf and displayed in the dive
profile plot by subsurface.

I would also like to spend some more words about the issue of the pressure
transmitters ... I promise this post will be MY LAST POST about the
subject. I agree with suggestion that such a discussion is not totally
pertinent to the scope of the subsurface mailing list.

I would only add that I have NOT been as LUCKY as you with my UWATEC
pressure transmitters.

This is, according to my experience, the typical life cycle of such devices
:

   1. I buy a new transmitter
   2. For a few dives it work well, albeit with some "SIGNAL LOST" warnings
   on the Galileo display.
   3. The FREQUENCY of such warnings gets higher and higher. Their DURATION
   does the same.
   4. It happens that, sometimes, the transmitter refuses to work for  the
   entire dive.
   5. I replace the battery, although the voltage measurement shows that
   plenty of energy is still stored in the cell ...
   6. No improvement is observed
   7. I go back to point 1. for another cycle

I went through this cycle many times and each time I have paid 250 Euro ...
It is just enough.

Very best regards.

Alessandro