[Subsurface-divelog/subsurface] [Idea] Rock bottom/Minimum gas calculation (#188)

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Mon Mar 6 13:08:00 PST 2017

Hi All, hi Dirk,

Am 06.03.2017 um 15:42 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:

> Maybe post about it again on the mailing list, asking for feedback.
> But it may be that I have to pull this before you'll get broader testing.
> Yes, a paragraph for the user manual would be good.
> And tests. I love things that come with tests.

Still no user manual done this evening because while preparing to do the
documentation I found another thing I wanted to change in the
implementation.
What in fact is once again a very good prove that it is really important
to force yourself to write a documentation :-)

The change I did is the following:
In contrary to an older decision I now disabled the minimum gas
calculation in recreational mode. Reason is that recreational mode
already has it's own "gas management" implemented which is defined as:
Minimum gas = 2 x gas_consumption_ascent + reserve_gas
This is more or less like minimum gas but with SAC_factor = 2 and
problem_solving_time=0 and adding reserve_gas
Makes no sense to have two gas calculations active at the same time.

I have one additional question about the user manual:
If I change some of the screen shots of the planner to update it with
the new preference options: Is there any strict requirement how the
screen shot has to look like in terms of look coming from Qt version,
resolution,...? Or should it be simply similar to other screen shots in
the user manual?

Best regards
Stefan

--