question about technical terms and translations

Federico Masias fede at masias.net
Mon Mar 6 21:33:03 PST 2017

To add onto what Pablo was saying, I primarily dive in Mexico, and acronyms
do not change in Spanish. Granted, this is usually in a resort town in
Mexico where almost every one of the DMs and Instructors speaks some other
language, but most of my conversations are in Spanish.

Having said that, Miika and Martin have the right idea -- leave it up to
the translator(s) of each language. I'd just add that we should make it
clear to them that it's okay to leave some things un-translated for
clarity.