smkt2ssrfgas switching

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 13:51:53 PST 2017

Dear Salva,

in one of last messages I wrote that the gas/tank switching events were
correctly recorded.

This is true for most dives.

Nevertheless I have found an exception : exceptions are always there; if
you look carefully for them you will always find at least one of them.

The glitch is probably related to the naming conventions for tanks adopted
by SmartTec and Galaileo, before the upgrade to Galileo Trimix.

GalileoTrimix tank names range from T1 to T0 ( it should be T10 ... ).

Standard UWATEC computer are supporting only 3 tanks, denominated T1 T2 and
TD; TD means Decompression Tank.

The problem is that the user is not allowed to define T2 unless TD has been
defined; for example if you dive with a 15 liter tank with air and a small
3 liter tank filled with Nitrox 35, you are forced to call this tank TD and
not T2.

Dives #418 and # 419 in my logbook were carried out according to the
example.

The result is that the subsurface tank table displays a T2 "ghost tank"
with the same Start and End pressures of the TD "physical tank". The gas
switch is displayed as a switch to tank T2 ... It should be displayed as a
switch to tank T3, since this is the subsurface name for TD.

It is likely that the bug is to be found in the subsurface code and not in
smtk2ssrf, since the tank descriptors seem to be OK if the .xml is opened
with vim.

I am sending this message to your attention, since i guess that the gas
switch event handling is carried out by smtk2ssrf .. perhaps I am wrong

The files .slg and .xml can be found in my Dropbox folder.

Very best regards.

Alessandro