smkt2ssrfgas switching

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:43:41 PST 2017

Good night Alessandro.

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 09:51:53PM +0000, Alessandro Volpi wrote:

> GalileoTrimix tank names range from T1 to T0 ( it should be T10 ... ).
>
> Standard UWATEC computer are supporting only 3 tanks, denominated T1 T2 and
> TD; TD means Decompression Tank.

And so did older smarttrak version, jut supported three tanks,

> The problem is that the user is not allowed to define T2 unless TD has been
> defined; for example if you dive with a 15 liter tank with air and a small
> 3 liter tank filled with Nitrox 35, you are forced to call this tank TD and
> not T2.

Hmmmm, didn't know this "feature", it explains a lot of things.

> Dives #418 and # 419 in my logbook were carried out according to the
> example.

I've noticed the duplicity in these dives.
It's origin is a mix. I'm pretty sure that libdivecomputer reports two
tanks (say 0 and 1) and just complains about different number of
tank and mixes (2 tanks, 3 mixes). After parsing the raw data with
libdc, we have tank_0 and tank_1 (TD for Galileo) with correct initial
and end pressures and mixes, and a third tank tank_2 with just a mix.
One of the "features" included in smtk2ssrf is to look into de
database if we have a tank with a 0 initial pressure, to ensure we
collect data manually added by the user, so smtk2ssrf reads the TD
data again and puts it in tank_3 (notice that tank_3 has the type set,
while tank_2 doesn't in the final .xml file).

> I am sending this message to your attention, since i guess that the gas
> switch event handling is carried out by smtk2ssrf .. perhaps I am wrong

Gas switch events are reported by libdivecomputer, directly from the DC
raw data stored in smrttrak.

I was working on this last sunday, then went quite busy with real
live. Probably it'll be fixed this weekend, simply removing duplicated
tanks. This way we can get rid of all (actually, most) unused tanks (up to 10)
and reduce a bit the size of the resulting .xml file.

Regards.

Salva.