DM5 Data structure changes

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Mar 9 07:14:47 PST 2017

On 09/03/2017 11:27, Max Lindqvist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a small program for analysing freedive data from
> Sunnto DM4.
>
> I’ve got some troubles understanding the SampleBlob and found this
> email from the link below.
>
> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2014-November/015798.html
>
> Could you give some advice on how I can convert bytes 4-7 to a depth
> in meters?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Max

Subsurface imports dives from DM4 and DM5 databases. If you wish to
perform calculations that Subsurface does not do, then it would probably
be much easier to perform your calculations from the XML dive log format
that Subsurface produces, rather than to work with the raw data from
DM4. There are loads of libraries that handle XML data files.
Kind regards,
willem