smkt2ssrfgas switching

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 07:56:10 PST 2017

Good Afternoon Alessandro.

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 09:45:08PM +0000, Alessandro Volpi wrote:

> The issue is NOT SO IMPORTANT, but I would suggest that you consider the
> possibility of using a different criterion to select the tanks WHICH ARE
> ACTUALLY BEEN USED. Such a criterion could be to look for the presence of
> the tank DESCRIPTION or the definition of tank VOLUME,  instead of checking
> the existence of the START PRESSURE value. It is very unlikely that a
> SmartTrak user  is going to waste time with the manual input of data for
> tanks which HAVE NOT BEEN ACTUALLY USED. On the other hand the tank type
> and/or the tank volume CAN ALWAYS BE MANUALLY INSERTED, even when a
> pressure transmitter is paired but not working.
>
> I do not know how much work is required for implementing such program
> modification. If this implies a significant effort there are surely more
> important things to be done first ...

In the end. I think the easiest (and probably saner) way will be to
drop the tank data from libdivecomputer and relay only in the data
from smarttrak (as this *should* include all data from the divecomputer
and any other manually added by the user).

Should be easy to implement an will avoid duplicities.

Thanks Alessandro.

BTW, I've been reviewing the topic of manually added bookmarks on
smarttrak with new eyes and didn't seem as impossible as before, in
fact looks like it's quite easy. If I have a little time this weekend,
will fix the tanks topic and will do a first stab at the bookmarks.

Regards.

Salva.