direct import form dive computer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Mar 11 21:40:54 PST 2017

On 12/03/2017 00:41, Alessandro Volpi wrote:
> Dear Jef,
>

> It is worth while to mention that the IR interface is a package not
> being maintained for many years.
>
> The interface works with Ubuntu Trusty, at least with the Galileo Sol
> device.
>
> It DOES NOT WORK AT ALL with newer systems, such as Ubuntu xenial and
> Fedora 24.
>
> I would like to try once again, if you or someone else in the mailing
> list can give me some suggestions about connecting the SmartTec with
> the linux IR interface.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Alessandro

Alessandro,

I have been using the IrDA interface for several years now over several
versions of Ubuntu (including Xenial), downloading from a Galileo Luna
and Sol.

What procedure do you follow to install the IrDA driver?

What commands are required to activate IrDA on your machine?

Kind regards,
willem