direct import form dive computer

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 04:15:05 PDT 2017

On 13-03-2017 10:52, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> From phone. Alessandro,  you need to know whether the Smartek does
> only serial infrared (SIR) or fast infrared (FIR). Then you need to
> understand whether your Linux driver does any or both of these speeds.
> Maybe it is a speed issue? If I remember correctly, the Linux driver I
> use allows speed selection. The Galileo also has a menu setting to
> choose between slow and fast infrared. Does the Smartek have anything
> similar?
> Kind regards, Willem.
Hi all:

After years of using my infrared receiver with different Linux distros,
it stopped working a few weeks ago. Now I can only download dives from
my Uwatec Tec 2G using smarttrak software inside my Windows XP virtual
machine.

I don't remember exactly what message did my system spit when I try to
load the driver, but its some kind of error configuring the device. I'll
try again later this week and I'll get back here with more details.

Anyway, I believe it might be related to any change either in systemd...

Just my 2 cents...

All the best:

Pedro