Fwd: direct import form dive computer

Alessandro Volpi volpial at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:08:18 PDT 2017

Dear Jef,

after having downloaded the linux version of dctool and having added tho
the execute permission to the y fdownloaded file I tried to obtain a new
copy of the SmartTec's memory dump

The program did not succeed in opening the device. The terminal output has
been copied into subdirectory smarttec_import , within my Dropbox folder :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dsg43qcbo013i1k/AAC_vCS3cZeZar5i3HngCNq3a?dl=0

For some at present unknown reason the linux irda interface fails to
connect to SmartTec, even if it work perfectly with Galileo, on the same
hardware (Dell XPS 13 DE 9350) and the same OS (Ubuntu trusty with
kernel 4.4.0-66-generic).

The behavior of dctool and of subsurface seems not to be different.

Best regards.

Alessandro