trying to make progress with Subsurface-mobile

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 19 14:07:45 PDT 2017

On 19-03-17 20:34, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> In my testing so far I see two major differences:
>
> a) it seems to reliably show the correct dive (good)
Not sure you also include the issue from today on github (Mobile:
Rotating phone shows other dive #263), but that one still reproduces on
my phone.

Further, reproducible on a fresh restart of the app, (call dive X the
top, newest dive), select X-1, and shown is X-2 with in the top bar the
site of X-1.

> b) when you tap on a dive that's later in time, it sometimes renders ALL
> of the dives (in the background) and seems to be hung for a long time
> (depending on how many dives are in your dive list, I guess), before
> it finally shows the right one (REALLY bad)
Indeed a nasty one that reproduces on my phone. For me, It hangs for
about 40 seconds and than the app
is killed; logcat shows out of memory, and inspection with top shows
indeed steady growth in memory use.
> I guess that's progress? Not sure.
Not sure either, happy that I have a test phone for this :-)

> Testing and help in fixing the problem would be very welcome

Lets see that I get my android build working again ... tomorrow

  best,

--jan