trying to make progress with Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 24 08:43:15 PDT 2017

> On Mar 24, 2017, at 2:59 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> A couple of small but annoying bugs I noticed:
>> In editing dive notes, the Android keyboard never automatically capitalizes the first letter of a sentence. In other apps it does. Not sure if this can be changed in qml.
>>
>> The back button from the gps preferences (possibly some other pages too) doesn't work. Hit it a second time and the app closes.
>>
> It is really weird that I can reproduce these issues, and Rick can not. I suspect some timing issues involved, as I am testing on  a phone that less powerful than Rick uses.

That whole bug is really strange and I still am trying to create a smaller test case to make it easier for Marco to reproduce our problem :-(

> For the record: I first test on the desktop compiled for mobile, and finally verify on the phone. Up to now, I have not found any differences between these platforms, but obviously, there are differences (like screensize and not having rotate sensors on the desktop).

I see some differences. On the desktop, it always starts with the menu slider open for some reason. On the desktop I can change the width of the display (which is similar, but different from rotating). Obviously it's harder to reproduce virtual keyboard issues. And the swipe gestures are harder to test...

> This all being said. I just did a pull request (#275) that solves the enumerate loop, and in addition the issue #263, and different dive shown than selected. Al least, It solves it for me, but boarder testing is required, as it it still a mystery.

Yay, I'll look at it this morning! I'm so happy to see others looking at Subsurface-mobile!

Thanks, Jan