trying to make progress with Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 24 12:48:42 PDT 2017

> On Mar 24, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 2:59 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl <mailto:jlmulder at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>>>
>>> A couple of small but annoying bugs I noticed:
>>> In editing dive notes, the Android keyboard never automatically capitalizes the first letter of a sentence. In other apps it does. Not sure if this can be changed in qml.
>>>
>>> The back button from the gps preferences (possibly some other pages too) doesn't work. Hit it a second time and the app closes.
>>>
>> It is really weird that I can reproduce these issues, and Rick can not. I suspect some timing issues involved, as I am testing on  a phone that less powerful than Rick uses.
>>

> That whole bug is really strange and I still am trying to create a smaller test case to make it easier for Marco to reproduce our problem :-(

OK, a new daily is available for Android under downloads/daily - I will try to get something up for iOS as well (as usual, waiting for things to process / review / whatever takes longer).

The one bug I still can reproduce is the long hang (which on lower mem phones might still cause crashes): select a few dives from the top, going earlier and earlier. Then select one about 5 dives before the last one that you selected. Takes about a minute to display - so I'm guessing we are once again rendering ALL of the dives :-(

Oh, and just now I managed to get it to not show the same dive when rotating.

So I'd say this is a clear improvement, but not perfect, yet.