Print create date in planner output - help needed

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Thu Mar 30 11:29:10 PDT 2017

Hallo Robert,

Am 30.03.2017 um 10:56 schrieb Robert Helling:
> Hi,
>
>> On 30.03.2017, at 08:06, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de
>> <mailto:sfuchs at gmx.de>> wrote:
>>
>> There is one issue:
>> I would like to use the date format as defined in
>> "prefs.date_format_short". But the Qt syntax of this is not
>> compatible with the syntax strftime needs. Does anyone know an easy
>> way to convert the string or in general to solve this?
>>

> you could add a function to qthelper.cpp that returns a date string
> (using the Qt methods).
>
> Just one question: Why do you want to add that information to the dive
> plan? What would it be relevant for and how is that worth adding
> further information to our already baroque UI?

Thanks for the hint.

I believe it's good practise to add at least the version of the tool
which was used to create the plan to the output text. The creation date
may be not so important. Maybe there could be a compromise to add only
the version in a very lean way, for example directly in the first line
of the output: "Subsurface (V4.6.3) diveplan". But this goes more in the
direction of spreading such info all over the plan. This is why my first
thought was to put it together with other info like deco model, altitude,...

What do you think?

Best regards
Stefan

--