Seabear H3, was: Forward of moderated message

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed May 3 08:11:16 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 10:03:48AM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:
> On 03 May, 2017 - Miika Turkia wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > On 3. May 2017, at 09:11, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Should already work
> > >

> > > Indeed, it does. In which case we should list it in the list of supported
> > > dive computers. What about the other models from that manufacturer?
> >
> > As far as I know, the current lineup is be supported. I received some
> > samples from the manufacturer a while back (2015) and implemented
> > that. We have some samples for HUDC, H3 and T1 in the test dives
> > directory of Subsurface sources. And even tests for these as some
> > change broke the import at some point.
>
> It would be nice if we wrote a frontend to this import code so one could
> just point subsurface to the mountpoint of the usb-device and subsurface
> figured out what to import, sort of like the uemis code behaves.
>

> The same goes for the other dc's that present them self as a usb
> device with files on, like the Divesoft computers and others.

Which reminds me - which other dive computers do we support that aren't
listed in the SupportedDivecomputers.txt file? I think there are quite a
few more that we can import through other means than libdivecomputer, yet
our official list of supported dive computers only lists the libdc based
dive computers plus the Uemis and now the Seabaer models.

Thanks