Logging CCR dives

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon May 8 08:15:16 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I've logged the first few CCR dives with a Shearwater Petrel and a SF2 unit.
I discovered that most fields get filled by data coming form the
Petrel and some doubt arose on how to correctly log these dives.
Basically I find the equipment tab filled with my default cylinder (3
liter) and the CC gas set on my Petrel. i.e 3L 18/45 and a column
called "use" with the value "OC Gas".
I can only change it with "no use". What does it mean?
I would expect "CC use". It's my diluent. Of course in my Petrel I
have the same mix set as bailout gas but I guess it isn't.
Moreover for each dive I have to add another cylinder to record my
Oxygen tank setting initial and final pressure.
Once I go in the stats tab I find gas calculation only for the 18/45
mix, no trace for the oxygen consumption.
Why I do not find any data for the Oxygen? Would it be very useful add
these tanks by default. I don't know CCR units without a Oxygen tank
and actually Oxygen consumption is the most important parameter. Isn't
it?
If I understand correctly the logic behind I guess I should add my
bailout tanks marking them as "no use".

If someone is already using Subsurface proficiently with CCR logs
could you give me some hints?

Thank you in advance

--
Davide