Tank use and gas consumption display Was: CCR testing and other observations

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:41:36 PDT 2017

On 25 May 2017 at 02:21, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net> wrote:

> I am diving a Kiss Sidewinder and Kiss Spirit LTE.
> The Petrel does not natively log cylinder pressures (although one of my backup computers the ix3m and ratio have just came out with pressure transmitters).
> I do record the pressures manually at the start and end of the dive and input those in the equipment section so subsurface should be able to read and display them.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,
As Anton pointed out in this thread:
http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2017-May/028433.html
Subsurface shoulbe be able to display oxygen and diluent consumption
simultaneously. At least for units like MkVI which logs cylinder's
pressure natively.
Right now I'm record pressures manually: I add start/end pressures for
default cylinder (diluent) and I add manually the oxygen cylinder
recording start/end pressure. Unfortunately on "Info" tab gas
consumption is not calculated (as raw liters) even for the default
cylinder making the whole procedure for ccr pretty useless.
In my message I tried to describe IMHO a use case for units equipped
with shearwater electronic:

 http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2017-May/028431.html

What do you think?

--