Tank use and gas consumption display Was: CCR testing and other observations

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu May 25 03:28:26 PDT 2017

On 25 May 2017 at 12:13, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net> wrote:

> I wonder what it would take for 'activate' subsurface to display the dil and o2 like it does for the MkVI, maybe it just needs some code to check the dive mode / dctype and existing pressures then do the output as the MkVI code?
> I originally thought it was because of a bug that the gas was set to the wrong type as dil and o2 were not in the 'Use' list anymore.

Actually I didn't see the code. From what I read they implemented a
full importer for MKVI and it carries all the data.

> I thought your use case description looked very good and normal for most ccr divers using most electronics.
> The one exception is that almost all of the ccr divers I talk with express o2 consumption as litres per minute as that way the oxygen tank size does not matter like it does expressed as your bar per hour example.

Yes you are right.
The bar per hour was just a ballpark estimate at the end of the dive:
you look at your spg and immediately knows if your average consumption
is ok. Nevertheless the liter/minutes figure is the way to go.

Bye

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos