Building Subsurface-mobile for Android

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Fri May 26 00:29:41 PDT 2017

On 25-05-17 09:13, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I am attempting to build the Android version of Subsurface and get:
>
> ~/src
> -- building with libftdi support
> -- system name Android
> -- Found Qt for Android: /home/willem/src/Qt/5.8/android_armv7
> -- Found Android SDK: /home/willem/src/subsurface/../android-sdk-linux
> -- Found Android NDK: /home/willem/src/subsurface/../android-ndk-r13b
> -- Configuring done
> CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
>   No known features for CXX compiler
>
>   "GNU"
>
>   version 4.9.
>
> Activating set(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON) does not give more information.
>
> What could the problem be?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> willem

Willem, yes, cross-building for Android can be a real pain. it is very
difficult to determine what the cause of your build problem is. I assume
that you are trying to compile using the build.sh script in
packaging/android? Yesterday, I ran into multiple build problems when
trying to build myself. To be sure that all dependencies are compiled, I
manually remove the *_arm directories, before running the
packaging/android/build.sh. For the record, I do not use the
android-build-wrapper.sh script. This just downloads NDK/SDK/Qt
dependencies that I have already have on my system, so I just point the
build.sh to the already installed NDK/SDK/Qt.

I added a pull request (yesterday) related to Android builds: see
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/405. But I do not
see how this can be related to your build issue.

--jan