map-widget: new suggestions for editing markers

Martin Měřinský mermar at centrum.cz
Thu Nov 2 07:49:49 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-01 at 23:02 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> i suggest that collect feedback for at least a couple of days

Hi.

For the first start, without divelog, I would like to see map zoom 0
(whole world).

After opening divelog, last dive is automatically selected. If it has
location; or after changing selection to another dive with location, I
would like to see map zoom 13 or 15 (village or town).

After selecting several dives with different locations, I would like to
see map zommed in to show all known locations from selected dives. Do
not take care about selected dives without location.

After selecting dive(s) without location, zomm out to level 0 (whole
world).

When editing dive(s) (this dive is selected). At the time location is
added or changed (coordinates are successfully parsed), change the map
according to previous rules.

Map should have a feature to point at some location, click right mouse
button (RMB) and select "Set This Divesite", which sets location to
edited/selected dive(s). Also already known divesite on the map should
enable RMB + "Set This Divesite".

If I select (using left mouse button) divesite from the map some
dive(s) are selected and I can correct their location using previous
RMB + "Set This Divesite" feature.

Do not remember any of my manual zooming from previous selections, or
Subsurface run.

Instead of map Hamburger button -> Open location in Google Maps, I
would prefer Geo URI. It would open in my prefered map viewer
application. (Why just Google?)

I would still appreciate Openstreetmap tiles, because they are more
usefull here.

Martin M.