map-widget: new suggestions for editing markers

Martin Měřinský mermar at centrum.cz
Thu Nov 2 08:49:32 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 08:26 -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 2017, at 8:09 AM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundati
> > on.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Martin Měřinský <mermar at centrum.cz>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > After selecting dive(s) without location, zomm out to level 0
> > > (whole world).
> >
> > No.
> >
> > We used to do that, and it's a nightmare. If you walk through dives
> > in a trip where some dives have locations and others don't (which
> > is very common even if you give all your dives locations - think
> > "I'm now downloading new dives"), it's absolutely horrible.
> >
> > It's also horrible if you want to manually give a location. You
> > were just at your previous dive, now you go to the dive you want to
> > give a location to (possibly the same location, and very likely
> > near-by), and now the damn map zooms out to middle of nowhere.
> >
> > DO NOT MOVE/CHANGE THE MAP WHEN A DIVE HAS NO LOCATION.
> >
> > It's really really bad.
>
> I agree with that. If you really feel like you have to do something,
> put an opaque screen above it so it looks disabled or something. But
> don't zoom / move.

Could be confusing a little bit, because divesite is probably not on
the map shown at the moment. And zoom out for sites without location
wasn't be bad for me. But I have no strong feelings about that.

Now selected divesite has brighter flag. Maybe the difference between
selected and not selected divesite should be a little more visible.
M.