Problem accessing cloud behind a proxy

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 3 09:31:05 PDT 2017

> On Nov 2, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> git storage: Synchronising data file
>> git storage: create_local_repo
>> Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
>> Checking cloud connection...
>> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (1 second(s) passed)
>> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (2 second(s) passed)
>> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (3 second(s) passed)
>> set proxy to "http://someuser:SomePassword@proxydomain.domain.it:8080 <http://someuser:SomePassword@proxydomain.domain.it:8080/>"
>> error message was Failed to set proxy: Parametro non corretto.
>
> OK, so I never tested having a password encoded in the proxy URL.
> I'm guessing that we don't unpack that correctly. This gives me more code to stare at.

Preliminary results of this (and some more googling). There appears to be an issue with
libgit2 and authenticated proxies on Windows (and only on Windows) - which is why I never
saw this in my testing. I'm trying to figure out what the correct workaround might be

https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4069 <https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4069>

I no longer have access to the proxy that requires authentication, I'll need to build one
to test, I guess :-)