AppImages and continuous integration

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 6 12:03:28 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 07:22:46PM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> I see still see something weird (Arch Linux). Wiht the appImage (with Qt
> 5.9.1), cloud interfacing works correctly, but logging in to Facebook simply
> loops, asking for the passwd again, and no message over a failed passwd. As
> I hardly use this feature, I tried to login on my self build version (Qt
> 5.9.2). Logs in correctly to Facebook (including a small message in the
> bottom of the window (FB successfully logged in).

The funny part is of course that I didn't check if it logs in because I
never use the FB connection, either. I assumed that if it can show the
login screen it would work. Shows you how bad it is to make assumptions
:-)

I have now tested this and can confirm your observation :-(

With a local build binary I get

Requesting connect on the social network
subsurface.facebook: Current url call QUrl("http://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html#access_token=XXX

With the AppImage I get

Requesting connect on the social network
subsurface.facebook: Current url call QUrl("https://www.facebook.com/login.php?skip_api_login=1&

So we clearly don't get the login_success response - but I have no idea
why...

Not quite sure how to debug this, though - turn around time to get a new
AppImage is rather long...