AppImages and continuous integration

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 7 07:21:47 PST 2017

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 11:51 PM, Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet at free.fr> wrote:
>> I have now tested this and can confirm your observation :-(
>>
>> With a local build binary I get
>>
>> Requesting connect on the social network
>> subsurface.facebook: Current url call QUrl("http://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html#access_token=XXX
>>
>> With the AppImage I get
>>
>> Requesting connect on the social network
>> subsurface.facebook: Current url call QUrl("https://www.facebook.com/login.php?skip_api_login=1&
>>
>> So we clearly don't get the login_success response - but I have no idea
>> why...
>
> I tested latest AppImage just now on openSUSE Leap 42.3 and it boots, cloud is working, map is working, but I have the same Facebook error with "skip_api_login".
> According to stackoverflow website, this would be caused by: "client is not handing redirects properly".

Yes, some additional testing got me to that conclusion yesterday, but I wasn't able to figure out why the version of WebKit that we use doesn't do that right (the 'native' QtWebKit is actually an older version). Searching for bugs/regressions filed against upstream QtWebKit hasn't come up with anything promising.
My next attempt was going to be to try a locally built app against that version of QtWebKit for easier debugging - but that failed because with the same compiler that is used on Travis to compile Subsurface I cannot get Grantlee to compile on my Trusty machine. Of course that shouldn't be required to test the Facebook issue, but it ended up being the rat-hole that derailed me :-(