[BUG]: stray dive-sites after parsing ssrf/xml

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Nov 7 21:13:53 PST 2017

On 07/11/2017 22:50, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>   i need some
> decision making here:
> - should we discard these at the parsing stage?
> - should we discard this at the saving stage?
> - should the map widget *ignore* such dive sites that are not linked
> to dives and not create markers for them?
> - should we leave this as is? but perhaps tell the MainTab to deselect
> the last dive, because at them moment clicking such a marker doesn't
> do that.
>
> thanks
> lubomir
> --
I cannot think of a case where one would like to keep these hanging flags.
I propose discarding them at the saving stage, printing either a
notification in the terminal or a red warning message at the bottom of
the screen.

I hope I am correct, but if I remember correctly, many versions back
there was a coordinates field in the Notes tab for *trips*. I foolishly
entered coordinates for one of these trips and now I have such a hanging
flag on the dive map. If this locality could be eliminated by the
program itself, it would be quite valuable because otherwise the only
way to remove the hanging flag would be to hand-edit the XML.

Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full