latest AppImage - getting closer

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 10 23:11:47 PST 2017

I just pushed a few more changes to GitHub, after redoing the Qt installation that I built
on a Trusty machine to match the Travis environment.

With this I get
- correct version number (again): turns out the problem is that Travis by default does a
  shallow clone of only 50 commits which broke our "git describe"
- working BT (somewhat limited testing, but it did connect to a Shearwater Perdix AI for me)
- working cloud storage

What I haven't tested:
- printing directly to printer (printing to PDF works)

What still doesn't work:
- logging in to Facebook - based on the symptoms we are not getting a working redirect

Given the size of the intersection of the venn diagram of "Linux user on non-mainstream
distro" and "avid Facebook user" (which I would guess to be in the low single digits), I
think this might be good enough for a release.

With that in mind... PLEASE TEST. Please find what else is broken in this AppImage...

As was mentioned before, the latest AppImage should always be available here:

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous>

(as I am writing this email, the build is still running, but it should be ready within the
next five minutes or so)

Thanks