latest AppImage - getting closer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Nov 12 06:40:53 PST 2017

On 12/11/2017 14:35, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 12 November 2017 at 07:26, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>> Below is the output. Its greek to me, I just followed the recipe
>> mechanically.
> i can't find any outstanding errors in the log; all libraries are
> present, no bad calls to CUPS.
> so in a way, i have no idea why the hard copy printing isn't working
> via the AppImage.
>
> one good question here is, did it ever work - e.g. with older
> AppImages e.g. Subsurface 4.6?
>
> lubomir
> --

I have AppImage 4.6.3-287 here. On that program I cannot see any
hardware printers. There is only an opportunity for selecting PDF. On
the new AppImage I can see all hardware printers (see attached images)
but the printing does not produce output. I checked on the Subsurface
download site and got AppImage 4.5.1-1600. There it is the same as on
4.6.3 : can only select PDF and cannot see print hardware.

The executable that I built from master prints perfectly.

The latest version that I can download from the Ubuntu repository is
4.7.2-74.  It also prints perfectly.

I have no idea where the print problem lies.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full