RFC: Subsurface 1-dive print layout

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Nov 12 09:47:25 PST 2017

Attached is a print layout file and PDF rendering of a dive in the
1-dive-per-page version. The existing 1-dive layout has irked me quite a
bit and for some time. Therefore I have messed a bit with the
css/javascript to produce something that I think is closer to what I
prefer. Note that the vertical boxes scale to the height required. For
instance, if the box showing Location name requires more depth because
of multiple lines, the other boxes in the RH column adapt accordingly.
The box for the dive notes also scales to adapt to the amount of text.

If someone more proficient than myself in css/javascript is prepared to
look through the code, I would really appreciate it. Some of the stuff
is really hacky.

But if I could have a few comments on whether this really represents an
improvement and not merely a hack to suit Ferguson's taste, I would
appreciate it.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to